- 1.Survivor Spotlight: Mrs.P’s Story
- 2.Survivor Spotlight: Tiffany’s Story
- 3.Survivor Spotlight: Karla’s Story
- 4.Survivor Spotlight: Renee’s Story
- 5.Survivor Spotlight: Harriet’s Story
- 6.Survivor Spotlight: Maura’s Story
- 7.Survivor Spotlight: Penelope’s Story
- 8.Survivor Spotlight: Dunia’s Story
- 9.Survivor Spotlight: Tori’s Story
- 10.Survivor Spotlight: Sun’s Story
- 11.Survivor Spotlight: Ming’s Story
- 12.Survivor Spotlight: Clara’s Story
- 13.Survivor Spotlight: Matt’s Story
- 14.Survivor Spotlight: Patience’s Story
Sun, a survivor of domestic violence, has had a child support waiver for three or four years. While she was with her abuser, although he shot her and beat her, she received felony charges for her abuser’s actions. During a meeting with a Women’s Resource Center advocate, Sun described the growth, empowerment and self-esteem boost she experienced as a person after surviving the nightmare she lived through.
She explained that she is safer being away from her abuser and that the child support waiver has kept the peace, and the Women’s Resource Center gave her the tools she needed to get free. Sun’s not yet where she wishes to be in life but has a management position at her place of employment and is looking into ways of returning to school to complete her degree.