Often, a person, community group, or school would like to help the WRC but aren’t sure how… Did you know that victims of domestic violence often reach out to friends and family before seeking help from formal domestic violence organizations?
- First, familiarize yourself with the services available to victims in your area. Educate yourself on the many services the Women’s Resource Center offers; click the link above.
- Host an event. Hosting an event in Newport and Bristol Counties is a great way to both raise much-needed funds or donations for WRC, and also to educate our communities about the work that we do.
- Contribute to our wishlist. The Women’s Resource Center runs on funding from generous donors like you, but also donations. We are always in need of toiletries and other items to support our clients and shelter.
- Recycle your cell. Have an old Samsung or iPhone you’re not using? We’ll take it! Drop it off to our Newport or Warren offices, where it will be recycled and the Women’s Resource Center will receive the proceeds (learn more about Zero Landfill Recycling)
- Donate. The Women’s Resource Center runs on funding from generous donors like you.
- Be an advocate. This is the number one way you can help us. Petition, vote, attend events, talk about us on social media, and educate your friends about the importance of ending domestic violence in our communities. It starts with you.