Women’s Resource Center
Serving: Barrington, Warren, Bristol, Little Compton, Tiverton, Portsmouth, Middletown, East Providence, Newport and Jamestown.
• Staff is communicating at this time via phone, text and video to continue to deliver core services and meet client needs.
• We are holding phone and video conference meetings with managers, caseworkers, support staff, team members and board members to keep the lines of communication open and manage our operations.
• Our website and social media platforms have the support and hotline phone numbers prominently displayed and communicated, and direct anyone in danger to call 911.
• We are working with law enforcement and social services in our area to ensure our referral phone numbers and other ways to contact our key staff members are known.
• We are monitoring the wellbeing of families living in our shelters to ensure their counseling and support needs are being met.
• Our Newport office has resumed in-person services. Procedures are as follows:
o Advocates are available 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for holidays.
o We ask all drop-in and restraining order clients to call first to schedule an appointment so staff is able conduct a health screening prior to entering the office. Same day appointments are likely available. All appointments will be 45 minutes long to allow time afterward to clean and disinfect areas.
o Our waiting areas are not open at this time. We require all visitors to wear face masks and utilize our hand sanitizer before entering the building. An advocate will direct you to our meeting room where there is a plexiglass shield for your safety.
o If you do not feel comfortable entering the office, we have advocates available for resources, support and safety planning over the phone. Additionally, our advocates can assist with filling out restraining order paperwork over the phone.
Current services being offered are:
• Hotline: 401-846-5263
• Court advocacy
• Law enforcement advocacy
• Support group
• Transitional housing
• Family Violence Option Advocacy Program (FVOAP)
• Prevention services
If you are unable to talk on the phone, email us at email@example.com, or reach out using the Contact Us form on our website and someone will be in touch.